With its spectacular murals and statues, stately columns and rich Catholic symbols, the Shrine of St. Joseph is a popular location for a Catholic wedding. Hundreds of men and women have received the Holy Sacrament of Marriage before the golden Altar of Answered Prayers. While God unites them in marriage, their friends and family look on as the wedding couple exchange vows in this historical Catholic church.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to have your wedding at the Shrine many of your questions can be found below. For more details or to reserve your date please call us on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. at 314-231-0869.
- What dates are available to schedule my wedding?
You would have to contact our office to see if your date is available.
- What day of the week may I have the wedding?
The Shrine has weddings only on Saturdays.
- What time may I schedule the wedding and how long will I have the church to take photos?
Your wedding may be held at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. Every couple has 3 hours in the Shrine which is broken down accordingly:
1 hour before the ceremony
2 hours for the ceremony and photos
- What does my wedding at the Shrine include?
Silk decorations by several noted florist. Security Guard to keep eyes on the surroundings the day of the wedding. 3-6 wedding coordinators to assist with every detail.
- Is there a limit to the number of attendents I can have in my wedding party?
There is a limit of 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen, not counting the maid or maids of honor and best man or men.
- Is there a bride's room available at the church?
Yes, the Shrine does have a bride’s room for the bride and wedding party.
- Does the Shrine allow an aisle runner?
The Shrine does not allow aisle runners.
- How do I schedule my wedding at the Shrine?
Please call: 314-231-0869 on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to discuss your wedding plans.