The Shrine of St. Joseph will return to the Public Celebration of Masses on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 11:00am with certain restrictions in place for your health and safety. These procedures are temporary based on current CDC, Archdiocese, State, and Local Authorities, and maybe enhanced or reduced as required. Details are provided below with a download link for your convenience.
In accordance with current Archdiocesan guidelines regarding The COVID-19 Virus, The Sunday Obligation Of The Faithful is still dispensed until further notice. During this time, the faithful may view the Mass on television or via livestream from the various local and national parishes, or listen to the Celebration Of The Mass on radio, and make a spiritual communion.
Regular Mass Schedule
Download the Shrine Quick Guidelines for the Return to Public Masses: https://docdro.id/hnRcCiy
A message from the Rector and Board of the Shrine of St. Joseph
June 9, 2020
"As we welcome you back to the public celebration of Masses at the Historic Shrine of St. Joseph, we do so with the safety and health of everyone as the first priority and so we have put into place the Archdiocesan Protocols for Celebrating the Liturgy amid Covid19. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with these protocols, because though our churches are open for Masses things will not be as they were before the pandemic began. The health and well being of the people of God is first and foremost. This means that necessary changes to the way we are accustomed to gathering for liturgical celebrations are currently in effect.
In order to ensure proper social distancing the maximum number of people allowed in the Shrine is currently limited according to Local guidelines based on overall capacity. Shrine Ushers will be available at Mass to assist and help things to go as smoothly as possible and to ensure that the protocols are followed so that everyone can stay healthy and safe at liturgies. It has been a long and trying couple of months for everyone. Let us continue to pray to Our Lord for end to this pandemic, for all the sick and suffering, and for those who care for them."
- Fr. Dale Wunderlich and Board of the Shrine of St. Joseph
Before Your Arrival
Current Restrictions limit occupancy to approximately 120 people
- Wash hands thoroughly
- Check your temperature, if > 100.4 degrees do not go to Church
- Wear your mask to church
- Visit the Shrine of St. Joseph Facebook page and download the Worship bulletin for use on your personal electronic device (and silence your device); or bring your personal Missal from home
- Please be aware that based on current recommendations lavatories may not be available.
- If lavatories are available for use, you are required while utilizing the facilities to wear your mask at all times
- Wear your mask into church
- Use hand sanitizer on the way into Church
- Drop your Offertory gift in the designated basket
- Be seated in one of the open pews, keeping at least 6 ft between you and anyone who does not live with you
- Because of current occupancy limits, If there is no more room in church, please be understanding and join us via livestream
Temporary Directions for the Reception of Communion at Mass
We remind you that this change is only in effect while the Pandemic Guidelines are in force. We ask for your patience and understanding, and pray for a rapid end to this pandemic.
- Ushers will dismiss you by pew, beginning with the last pews to form a single file line
- Observing a minimum of six (6) feet between you and the person in front of and behind you.
- Please wear your mask while in line
- Receive the body of Christ in your hand, step to the side, lower your mask below your chin, consume the Body of Christ and replace your mask as you exit church,
- Make a prayer of Thanksgiving when you are safely in your car or at home - for your convenience a Prayer of Thanksgiving is found on the following page.
- Thank God for the gifts of the Mass
- Wear your mask out of Church
- Use hand sanitizer on the way out of Church
- Please do not gather or congregate after Mass (inside or outside)
Please follow us on Facebook @shrineofsaintjoseph and on YouTube:
Shrine of St Joseph YouTube Channel
If you are unable to join us on Facebook, please visit one of the other Parishes with streaming or televised opportunities for the celebration of the Mass:
LiveStream from the Cathedral Basilica (this link will redirect you to the Cathedral Basilica Website) https://cathedralstl.org/live/
The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Washington, DC) https://www.nationalshrine.org/mass/
WRBU ch. 46 (ION) at 5:30 a.m.
KTVI ch. 2.2 at 9:00 a.m.
AT&T U-Verse ch. 46 (ION) at 8:30 a.m.
Charter ch. 7 (ION) & 79 (ION) at 8:30 a.m.
DirecTV ch. 46 & 305 at 8:30 a.m.
Dish ch. 46 & 216 at 8:30 a.m.
Fox (digital channel only Charter: 88 antenna: 2.2) at 9:00 am
EWTN 7:00 am (live) or 11:00 am (encore)
Ste. Genevieve Community Access Television (channels 7 & 28) 11:00 am
Covenant Network (WRYT AM 1080 / KHOJ AM 1460) at 10:00 am, live from the Cathedral Basilica
Ste. Genevieve (KSGM 980 AM) at 8:30 am
Normal Sunday Schedule
Every Sunday: Mass at 11:00 a.m.
First Friday of the Month: Mass at Noon
Every Second Sunday of Each Month: St. Padre Pio Devotion And Rosary recited before 11:00 a.m. Mass
Special Masses & Events
No items found.