This beautiful historic church, located at the corner of 11th Street and Biddle in St. Louis, Missouri has a vast and interesting history.
Father Francis Xavier Weninger, a famous Jesuit missionary, came to St. Joseph's Parish to preach a mission.
In 1880, the church was once again enlarged and remodeled. This work, which was completed in 1881.
During the 1950’s after the school closed, there was just a very small resident population.
Six months after this murder, St. Louis received a new Archbishop, the Most Rev. John May.